As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Doodle Lettering Class
Come play with me! Learn techniques to transform your unique handwriting into a style that you can use for bullet journaling, birthday and greeting cards, art journaling, and more! Explore pens, markers, and paints as we create fanciful, doodle letters in your personal whimsical lettering journal. This class features a guided hand-lettering project that you will want to frame!
Materials List for Students:
- Pens and markers
- Watercolor brushes (I love the Simply Simmons set for doodling and journaling.)
- OPTIONAL: I absolutely LOVE this Travelon bag for taking my art supplies on the road.
Materials Fee: $10
How to Materials Fee: Cash or check on day of class or Venmo to Roxanne-Glaser
Important Note About Supplies: You can use whatever you like. You will probably have FOMO (fear of missing out) and look at what you neighbor has and wish you had that.
I will bring some of my favorite pens and markers to share so you can try them out. Then, you will have a better idea of what you like.
NOTE: Best price on Glaze Pens right now is at Marker Supply Company!
Here is a list of the supplies I will be using.
- Black Glaze Pen
- Micron Pens
- Sparkle Pop Pens
- Tombow Dual Brush Markers
- Tombow Dual Tip Fudenosuke Pen
- Uni-Ball UM 153 White gel pen
Stamp Carving & Printing
- Class Description:
Learn to draw simple motifs and carve your own unique stamps to use in scrapbooks, art journals, greeting cards and more. You will learn how to create a simple border, a focal design, and a repeating pattern.
This class is for you if you don’t know how to draw and really want to make cool looking art! Our first stamp will be created step-by-step to ensure you learn the tools and the transfer process. Then, we will move to a larger design and let our imaginations flow!
Materials List for Students:
- Speedball Linoleum Cutter Assortment #1
- Ink pad (I love the StazOn multi surface inkpad in Jet Black)
- Craft or Utility Knife (If you don’t have one or are flying, you can borrow someone’s in class.)
- Cutting Mat
- If you have any of the following, bring them. I will also have some you can borrow during class.
- Black marker (Sharpie if you have one.)
- Ball point pen (not gel)
- OPTIONAL: FlexCut 1.5mm carving tool. (This is if you enjoy doing very tiny, detailed work.)
Materials Fee: $15 for carving material and things to print on.
How to Materials Fee: Cash or check on day of class or Venmo to Roxanne-Glaser.
Q: What’s a brayer?
A: It’s a tool used to spread ink or paint onto a surface for printing. I will have a couple set up so you can try them out and decide if you love printing enough to buy your own.
Tool Tour 2022
- Are you stuck in the cycle of searching for the “perfect” pens, makers, paints, and paper instead of creating daily in your journals?
- Or are you wasting a lot of money buying supplies and then not getting the results you expect?
- Maybe you are curious about what Roxanne uses to create her joyful daily doodles or takes with her on the road for her travel journals.
A: One way is the Doodle Basics Kit from Marker Supply Company is a set of 13 of my favorite tools. It is the basis for supplies for all of my online classes, too. The second way is to pick items from my Super Doodle Girl’s Favorites curated list.